- Family: spleenwort (Aspleniaceae)
- Habitat: shaded limestone, moss-covered outcrops
- Height: fronds 3-6 inches long
- Location of spores: few spore cases on undersides of leaflets
- Petiole (leaf stalk): dark purple-brown and wiry
- Growth pattern: asymmetric clump
- Persistence: evergreen
- Origin: native
Maidenhair spleenwort fronds are often bent.
Underside of a frond, showing the oblong sori (spore-bearing dots).
A group of maidenhair spleenworts in their typical habitat -- a mossy limestone cliff.