Two-flowered Cynthia (Orange Dwarf Dandelion)
Two-flowered cynthia is rare in Connecticut, and it is listed as a species of special concern.
- Family: aster (Asteraceae)
- Habitat: fields, open woods, often in sandy soil
- Height: 1-2 feet
- Flower size: flowerheads 1 to 1-1/2 inches across
- Flower color: yellow-orange
- Flowering time: May to August
- Origin: native
This photograph and the one below were taken in Hunterdon County, New Jersey.
Photographed in Sussex County, New Jersey in early June.