Gallery of Connecticut Ferns
Descriptive information on our gallery pages comes from the following sources:
- "A Field Guide to the Ferns and Their Related Families," Boughton Cobb.
Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston, 1963.
- "A Field Manual of the Ferns & Fern-Allies of the United States & Canada," David B. Lellinger.
Smithsonian Institution Press, Washington, DC, 1985.
- "An Illustrated Flora of the Northern United States and Canada," Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. Dover Publications,
New York, 1970.
- "Manual of Vascular Plants of Northeastern United States and Adjacent Canada," Henry A. Gleason and Arthur Cronquist. The New York Botanical Garden,
Bronx, New York, 2nd edition, 1991.
- "Flora of the Northeast: a Manual of the Vascular Flora of New England and Adjacent New York," Dennis Magee and Harry E. Ahles.
University of Massachusetts Press, Amherst, 1999.
- "Preliminary Checklist of the Vascular Flora of Connecticut," Joseph J. Dowhan. Department of Environmental Protection,
Hartford, Connecticut, 1979.
Our authority on scientific names is
The PLANTS database (USDA, NRCS 1999. National Plant Data
Center, Baton Rouge, LA 70874-4490 USA).
Index to the fern gallery
Connecticut Botanical Society home