- Family: moonseed (Menispermaceae)
- Habitat: moist woods, most often in rich, neutral or basic soils
- Height: vine can climb up to 5 yards
- Flower size: 1/4 inch long
- Flower color: white
- Flowering time: June to July
- Origin: native
Flowers of moonseed can be easily overlooked, because this vine usually blooms yards above the ground. Photographed in Shenandoah National Park, Virginia, in late June.
Moonseed has separate male and female flowers. These flowers are male; note the prominent stamens.